I love summer. Even though I still have to work straight through and don’t get the summers off, I still pretend I do. I always get a few things that make me feel like I’m enjoying the weather when I’m inside at my desk. Here’s my list:
1. Tangerine Lipstick: Fresh has a great new coral colored Sugar Lip Balm for something sheer. But for something more opaque, try Sephora + Pantone Universe Tangerine Tango Cream. Pantone came up with the actual color itself, so you can pretty much trust that it’s on trend.
2. The Summer Bun: Super easy. If you don’t have a ton of hair that you can just wrap around itself, like this model, look for bobby pins that blend in with your hair. Try Redken Tousle Whip Cream Wax to keep all those hairs in place, even in humidity.
3. Blue Nail Polish: Try blue polish like Bikini So Teeny from Essie. The color is light and reminds me of the ocean, and it’s a little different than your typical pinks and corals. It’s nice to have a little pop of color to set things off.
4. Summer Fragrance: I’m not really a perfume girl, but I love having a summer scent that’s light and citrus-y. Example? Fresh’s Hesperides Grapefruit Eau de Parfum. This fragrance mixes citrus with grapefruit, lotus and jasmine. Yum.
5. Jellies! What summer is complete without jellies? I used to rock the hell out of jellies when I was little. And now I do the same thing. Jellies are perfect in that they can get wet with no issues. The Melissa company, based in Brazil, makes 100% plastic shoes in a sustainable way. And they make stylish shoes too! Check out these Melissa Campana shoes. Love!